Monday 31 January 2011

Finished! Discretion is out now on the Android Market

It's been a busy few weeks, but I'm very happy to blog that Discretion is now out in demo and paid versions on the Android Market :)

I made a short gameplay video that sums up how everything came out pretty well. Here it is:




So, how do I feel? Pretty happy with getting it finished almost on time. I originally hoped to have it out at the start of January, so scraping in on the 31st wasn't too bad considering I took a good couple of weeks of holiday since I started work back in October.

I'm pretty tired now but I'm quite excited about doing a full post-mortem with all the blood, guts and glory that made up the experience of developing my very own role-playing game. I'll probably do this over a few blog articles, covering things like:

* Finding and managing someone to make assets
* Dev in pictures: screenshots of various parts of development including my attempt at making 3D stuff
* Pitfalls, trials and tribulations - what I would and wouldn't do again
* PR and marketing (still working on this bit but I will report back as it seems a very common subject)

That's it for now. Time to send out some more emails...

3 comments:

  1. Hurray! Congrats on finishing the game. Turned out pretty well. Looking forward to more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really impressed with your game and enjoying playing it. Are there any instructions on line? I only appear to have the choice of being a battle adept, though that could be because it's still early days.

    Don't suppose there's a way to turn the music off is there and leave sound effects on?

    Gosh, that makes me sound whiny. Both small things that do not really affect my enjoyment at all. Top job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of the encouraging and nice post.I like your blog achievement.This is one of the reliable post.
    Android app developers

    ReplyDelete